Monday, February 16, 2015

Are you Chinese or Japanese?...Are those my only options? Blog #2

I unconsciously already wrote around the lines of my desired topic for my final project in my Blog #1. Although it was all over the place I think there are several topics I can take from it: 
  1. Stereotypes --experiences encountered
  2. The loss of culture when growing up in an environment that is unfamiliar to your own 
  3. My own personal experience of being stripped of my pride 
  4. "Privileged minorities"
To come up with an actual project I would like to dive into a place I consider myself to be both comfortable and uncomfortable with--poetry. I write when I am passionate about something and I often find myself leaving Dr. Z's classes inspired. Although its difficult to completely use sources and academic articles throughout a task like this I believe it can be done with justice through the experiences I've gone through. 

Apologies for the brief post, will be e-mailing Dr. Z for some clarification on some things! Stay tuned

P.S this was an encounter I had when I was younger

[Kid]: Hey you with the slanty eyes, are you Chinese or Japanese
[Me]: Depends, are those my only options?

No comments:

Post a Comment